Harry Potter fans will be singing the Gryffindor class anthem all the way to Starbucks and back this Christmas holidays.
Rumour has it that Butterbeer, a popular drink for witches and wizards in the full series of books by J.K Rowling, has inspired a hot and cold coffee version.
These drinks are said to be guest starring on Starbuck’s ‘secret’ Christmas menu.
Secretly, being that it won’t appear on any of the menus (we are guessing that’s maybe due to a slight issue with copyright infringement but please don’t quote us on that). That being said, if a customer knows the ingredients apparently a barista will be more than happy to whip it up for you.
The not-so-secret key ingredient is the limited edition toffee nut syrup, thankfully, no actual butter is involved.
So, it’s an early Christmas present for all you hardcore Harry Potter and coffee enthusiasts out there.
The ‘secret’ recipe;
- A crème Frappuccino base made with whole milk (not skimmed, it doesn’t foam properly).
- 3 pumps of caramel syrup
- 3 pumps of toffee nut syrup
- Topped with caramel drizzle
- Whole milk steamer
- Caramel syrup (2 pumps for a tall, 3 for a grande, 4 for a venti)
- Toffee nut syrup (2 pumps tall, 3 grande, 4 venti)
- Cinnamon Dolce syrup (2 pumps tall, 3 grande, 4 venti)
- Topped with whipped cream and salted caramel bits
- Shot of espresso optional (2 in a grande, venti)
With the amount of sugar in it, it is probably better that it’s not on the menu all year round and definitely one to avoid if you have nut allergies.
However we can confirm that your local Starbucks is easier than trying to get into Diagon Alley so if you are fancying a magical festive treat, get the recipe written down and hand it over to your local barista.
And remember it is ‘levi-O-sa not levi-o-SA.’